11 October 2010

Packing Light

I have learned to pack light from an early age.  Maybe it was seeing my mom pack for our road trips when I was little, or maybe I have learned it when I was commuting with my son to spend weekends with my aunt.  I have learned how to travel with the bare necessities.  Literally.  Just as I said previously, with sarong, I could travel anywhere.

The Essentials
For me, the essentials are really very few: my sarong, my camera, my phones, my notebook and pencil, phone charger, my small towel, and my meds.  Anything else, I knew I could get wherever I went.  Shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, I get in the nearest sari-sari store.



This camera bag usually doubles as my sling bag where I keep my phone, wallet, passport, extra batteries, extra CF cards.





This 28L backpack can usually fit clothes for a week for me.  I roll up my clothes when I pack them so I can maximize the space of the bag.  I wear the heaviest clothing I bring and my shoes when I travel so I don't need to carry a heavy pack.  I usually make it a point to bring very lightweight clothing.

This is a bag Mae Perez gave me that I usually use for overnight or day trips.  It can fit a change of clothing, a towel, a sarong.

Though I am sure that when Mae gave me this bag, she really thought I would use it as a production bag not an overnight pack!

A hand towel is enough for me.  I don't need a big towel as I also have my sarong to double up as one if need be.  Thank you to Cindy Andres for introducing me to Aquazorb!






Learning to travel light has allowed me to just pick up and go whenever I want.  I do not need to wait in cues in airports, no check-in baggages, always ready to just go.  Don't need to take a cab, no fear about lugging around so much while looking for a place to stay or figuring out what to do next.  Packing light has given me a chance to explore with no worries.

4 comments:

  1. Wow nice Blog... Thanks for the traveling moment we did and happy trip. I practically do a light pack as I see your bag.You know me the girl who seems to bring the house anywhere. Hope to travel with you guys again soon... Miss you Miel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miel, you SHOULD teach Jerry all of these things. Gosh, he brings his "aparador" when he travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, cindy! king also brings more clothes than i do! i share my luggage with the two girls. :)

    miel, i so know what you mean! i wish we could pack light! when we travel, we always bring at least 3 medium sized bags. that aquazorb is a great idea huh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not sure this is possible for us now, but maybe when judah is 9. :-)

    ReplyDelete